RickAllenCo was founded to create opportunities to work with great clients across a wide spectrum of industries and to collaborate on projects with other seasoned PeopleSoft consultants. Based out of Wellington, Florida I work with clients on-site and remotely throughout North America.
- Over 19 years of functional and technical experience with PeopleSoft Financials and HRMS
- Financials Competency: General Ledger, Asset Management, Project Costing, Grants, Contracts, Allocations, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Order Management
- HCM Competency: Base Benefits, Ben-Admin, Position Management, Employee Development, Training
- Proficiency in the use of Application Designer, PeopleCode, SQR, Query Manager, Tree Manager, Component Interface, Application Engine, Data Mover, nVision, and Crystal Reports
- Proven departmental-level management and lead experience, including systems analysis, project management, end-user liaison, business process mapping, fit/gap analysis, testing, documentation, and end-user training
- Well-versed in the development, modification, troubleshooting, and testing of PeopleSoft Financials and HRMS/ HCM products
- Functional Lead for multiple Financials modules involved in an international implementation
- Project Manager for Financials/SCM implementation study for a health system
Sr. Solution Architect, Grant Thornton
- Functional lead for Asset Management/Project Costing implementation.
- Functional lead for Grants/Customer Contracts implementation.
Sr. Consultant, Deloitte
- Functional lead for pay-to-GL process, synchronizing Time & Labor, Payroll, after-payroll allocation and overrides and movement of the data through GL to PC.
- GL Lead for Health Services Provider on PeopleSoft implementation. Bringing together over 100 legal entities into a centralized structure.
- Senior Functional/Technical resource building a bridge accounting system to handle the merger of large energy industry clients. Using PeopleSoft Financials and EPM Global Consolidation, it was necessary to create a view of the new company ‘as one’ to support FERC reporting from merger date.
Sr. Consultant, Beacon Application Services
- GL Lead Functional Consultant handling multicurrency implementation for Financial Services industries.
- Working with Private Equity, Banking and Insurance clients focusing on reporting issues around multicurrency, ADB, regulatory reporting and consolidation of disparate entities.
Sr. Consultant, Fujitsu America
- PeopleSoft Implementations and Upgrades
- Senior Consultant, Functional Consultant, Financials Lead, Module lead
- Implementation of PeopleSoft Financials 9.0 covering General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Billing.
- Upgrade of PeopleSoft Financials from 8.0 to 9.0, covering General Ledger, Asset Management and Project Costing
- Responsiblies: Statement of Work, Fit/Gap Analysis, Functionality presentations, Functional Design, Module Set Up and Development, Customization design, Create Test Scripts, Unit, System and Integration testing, Historical Data Conversion, Multi-Currency Setup, VAT Setup.
- PeopleSoft 8.0/ 9.0 (Financials, GL, AM, AR, BI PC)
Sr. Consultant, BearingPoint
- Worked on numerous projects as a Functional Consultant and Functional Lead, implementing or upgrading PeopleSoft 8.01/ 8.8/ 8.9/ 9.0 Financials using General Ledger, Contracts, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Procurement, and Workflow
- Responsible for SOW, fit/gap, CRP presentations, business process development and conversion of existing data from multiple systems into PeopleSoft
- Focal point for client training, testing, and documentation
- PeopleSoft 8.01/ 8.8/ 8.9/ 9.0 (Financials, GL, CA, AP, AR, BI, Pro), PeopleTools (Workflow)
Manager – Financial Systems and Analysis, US Nursing/Fastaff
- Provided functional support of PeopleSoft Financial system and its integration with Front Office, Pay/ Bill modules
- Prepared business process and built Change Management and testing cycle programs during upgrade from 8.01 to 8.9
- Responsible for the maintenance and training on use of nVision and Crystal reporting as well as Query tool.
- Developed, automated, implemented, and loaded Corporate Budget for 2006
- Developed test plans for 8.9 upgrade
- Repaired and maintained nVision reporting
- PeopleSoft 8.01/ 8.9 (Financials), GL, AP, AR, BI, Pay/Bill, PS nVision, PS Query, Crystal Reports
Accounting/Systems Administration, Hands-On Science Center
- Chaired Grants Committee and presented Treasury reports at monthly Board meetings
- Responsible for the general accounting/ bookkeeping duties using QuickBooks, which included asset tracking, non-profit taxes (990), payroll, sales taxes, AP, and financial statements
- Worked in the Accounting/ Systems Administration position and performed daily functions including computer troubleshooting, repair, and training of Windows Ethernet network using XP and 98 SR2 machines
- Windows 98/ XP
Financials and HRMS Developer, Aerospace Testing Alliance
- Responsible for the development, programming and customization of the PeopleSoft Financials and HRMS systems used by the Air Force at Arnold AFB, which included AR, GL, AP, Payroll, Benefits, Human Resources, and Workforce Development
- Utilized 20 years of accounting and knowledge of accounting principles to communicate between end users and Development team
- Executed the documentation of process, cross-training of other Developers, and upgrade preparation
- Utilized Application Designer, WinEdit, Toad, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PVCS and Crystal Reports tools, on a daily basis, in direct support of the HRMS Benefits, Human Resource and Payroll system
- Co-recipient of AEDC Team Excellence Award as part of HRMS Technical Team transition efforts
- Executed the documentation of all vendor and customized AR and GL processes in PeopleSoft Financials 7.5 for ISO9000 certification
- Developed nVision reports using Financials to populate government supplied forms
- Archived and decommissioned AR module
- Ensured team participation on development and implementation of highly customized Project Costing module, and in the development of warehousing for Payroll and GL data
- Reviewed and streamlined SQR, Crystal Reports, and PS Queries to increase reporting efficiency within PeopleSoft Financials
- Ensured team participation in transition of HRMS data to new company structure on change of government Contractor, and in HRMS upgrades from PeopleSoft 8.01 to 8.8
- PeopleSoft 8.01/ 8.8 (Financials, GL, PC, AR, HRMS, HR, PY, BN), PeopleTools (Application Designer), PS Query, PS nVision, SQR, Crystal Reports, WinEdit, TOAD, MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), PVCS
Accounting Manager, New Era of Networks
- Responsible for the implementation and daily use of PeopleSoft Billing, Accounts Receivable, Order Management, and General Ledger systems, wherein the multi-national aspects of company required knowledge and use of multiple currencies, inter-company transfers, and roll-up process from multiple business units into consolidated financial statements
- Assisted with the integration of Time and Expense Billing systems and the Sales Tax system
- Worked on special projects that included identifying PeopleSoft system setup issues, providing solutions for use of AR, BI, and OM to ease entry and inquiry, creating queries for analysis, running and analyzing nVision reports, providing research results to Auditors, and merging acquisition open items and customers into PeopleSoft from legacy systems including reconciliation
- PeopleSoft (Financials, AR, BI, GL, OM)